Pages

Candy

Candy

Monday 11 November 2013

Paris, je t'aime


After living for about 2 months in France this was my first official chance to visit Paris (well the very first time was of course when I got off of the plane at Charles De Gaulle airport, but it didn't count right?). As everyone said that "new is always better" so in this particular day I tried to experience new thing and thus I decided to take a car all the way from Nancy to Paris. Well as you can guessed that it took almost 4 hours of driving. At that time I chose navette-eco car but you can also try other sharing car service such as bla bla car. Well, if you asked me why I took the car instead of TGV,  I certainly have some reasonable reasons to explain to you: (1) to save money because for TGV, you have to spend about 50 euros per trip, but with the sharing car you just need to pay 25 euros or less, (2) to enjoy the view, I know that it doesn't make sense but if you have plenty of time and you are not in hurry it is good to enjoy the country side scenery while you drive, (3) to save the planet earth, you know that we are trying to help mother earth and be more green and I think sharing a car is a smart way to reduce the fuel consumption and pollution caused by the car. So based on the three statement above, I finally give it a try. 

So my friends and I gather at 8.15 near the Cathedral at Nancy Gare St. Leon. The navette-eco car is easy to recognize because it is painted white with the green navette-eco logo on each side of the car. When we got there, all other passengers had been waiting for us. And as soon as we got inside the car, the driver runned the machine and we departed. Frankly speaking, I have no chance to enjoy the scenery that I was planning before because I was just too sleepy and I couldn't open my eyes. So I just slept all the way until we came into a gas station to take a short break of 15 minutes.  We reached Gare de l'est Paris at 12.30 and we went straight to the rue 2 Fabert for our appointment at Finnish Embassy. 

The appointment at Embassy finished at around 4 PM and we were starving because we skipped the lunch and we have nothing but some biscuits and milk for breakfast. So we decided to walk and search for a place to eat. We stopped at a Chinese restaurant just on the corner of the street near the road junction. Well the food is so-so, but it cost expensive around 10-15 euros per plate. And the worse is that one of my friend had a stomachache just a couple hours after eating the food. I was not sure about the cause of her stomachache but she told me that it must have been a food poisoning from the Chinese food that she ate before.

There were still some hours left before the train departure to Nancy, therefore we walked again to reach the famous Eiffel Tower. When we arrived there it was still bright and the lamps were not turned on. But then when it got dark, they started to light the lamps and the Eiffel glowed. The ambiance suddenly changed to a very warm, cozy, and romantic at the same time.That moment was just so magical! Not for so long they turned on another white lamps and the Eiffel tower started to blink and twinkle like a glitter. It was as if there were thousands of blinking stars attached on it.

Next destination is the Museum du Louvre. You know, the museum that was in pyramid shaped and made of see-through glass. When we arrived there it was already night and the museum was already closed. But luckily we could enter the outer side of the museum. The museum is magnificent and it was so shining thanks to the yellow light that illuminated the  whole building. Outside the main pyramid, you could find another two smaller pyramid in the right and left side on the main pyramid that were separated by a pond.

Eiffel Tower at Evening
Eiffel Tower at Night

A shimmery Eiffel Tower
The Inverse Pyramid
The Museum de Louvre
Outside the Museum de Louvre



No comments:

Post a Comment