Pages

Candy

Candy

Sunday 10 November 2013

Bienvenue à Paris

Bienvenue à Paris (Welcome to Paris). That was the first word that I read when I got off the plane at Charles-de Gaulle Airport, Paris. Frankly speaking, it was the longest trip I have ever taken in my life. It was about 15 hours flight from Jakarta - Doha - Paris. And yeah I was soooo tired but excited! I used Qatar Airways as recommended by my friend (to get 30 kg of luggage), and overall I was satisfied with the service. The food was halal and tasted good, the TV was not bad, they provided many movies and dramas, and the flight attendants were nice.

The arrival station for international flight is at Terminal 1. Since I had no more energy to walk, I took the escalator to move to the luggage belt and waited for 30 minutes to find my luggage.It was quite long and there were a lot of people on the queue. Next, I went to the CDG train station to transit to Terminal 2 where the SNCF station is located. SNCF station is the TGV station, the very famous high-speed inter-city train in France. I took the TGV train from Paris to Lorraine. You can buy the TGV ticket online from their website or you can also buy it in the locket at SNCF airport. The trip from Paris to Lorraine station was about 2 hours length, but the TGV was so comfy and definitely you could sleep  inside the train (and it was recommended to do so), except if there were some loud noise coming from bunch of people who sat just across your seat.  Well if that was the case, you could turn on your tablet and browsed with the free Wifi. Have a safe journey!


The sliding escalator
At Terminal 1, CDG Airport
Waiting for CDG train
Finally it came
From Terminal 1 go to Terminal 2
SNCF station
Waiting room at SNCF station
Inside the TGV train

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm motivated by this story. I can't wait my departure to France in 2014. But I have to prepare somethings needed first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Ang. I wish you could be here soon

    ReplyDelete