Pages

Candy

Candy

Sunday 10 November 2013

Home Sweet Home

Today I would like to let you to take a peek to my room. The objective of this tour is to give some useful tips about Living in France. During this tour, I hope that you wear your name tag, stick on your group, follow my flag and try not to be lost. I will be your guide during this short tour and feel free to ask any question that wandering in your head.  So are you ready? One, two, three, go!

I lived in an university dormitory not so far (about 10 minutes walk) from my campus. The name is Résidence Universitaire Vélodrome.  The dormitory itself consists of 3 building and I lived on the building 2 where the rooms are numbered 2xxx. There are lots of room options are available here, but I choose a single furnished studio with 18 m2 large. The room is quite nice and tidy. And the best part of it is that I got an extra big window that keep my room light all the day. The studio is already furnished with a bed and sleeping utensils, an electric stove, a refrigerator, a mirror, a wardrobe, a broom, and book shelf. 

A good thing of living in a CROUS student apartment, apart from the fact that it is always closed to the campus and the cafeteria, is that you get a high quality in low price. If you live in other apartment managed by private, the rental cost will be as much as twice for the same kind of service. Some of my friends will have to pay about 500 euro per month for a 27 m2 studio. Well, sure it's larger, but it's too much to spend 500 euro just for the domicile, isn't it? Another thing that is important if you live here in France is to register for reduction fee called CAF that will deduct 50% of the rental fee. So for example, my rental fee is 300 euro monthly, but thanks to CAF, I only need to pay 150 euro per month. Isn't it amazing? So I can save the 150 euro for shopping!! Yey!




My desk

A zoom of my desk

My comfy bed

My mini kitchen
My toilet


2 comments:

  1. What could I say...
    To have a room like this (reduced by CAF) in Jakarta would be more expensive I guess. Even from those pictures, I found it very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does. Make sure to book your room early otherwise you will not get chance because there are so many students coming at the beginning of the semester

    ReplyDelete